I. Main Contents
Data in this chapter cover mainly energy production, consumption, and composition; elasticity ratio of energy production and consumption; overall balance sheet of energy and balance sheets by different types of energy; consumption of energy by sector and by types of energy; efficiency of energy processing and conversion; and the consumption of energy for non-production uses. Since 2013, indicators like energy consumption per unit of GDP and installed power-generating capacity are also included.
II. The Scope of Data
The scope of data in this chapter is the whole country.
III. Sources of Data
Data in Table 9-1 are calculated on the basis of statistics on output of energy products; data in Tables 9-14 and 9-15come from the Association of Power Generation Enterprises; and data in other tables in this chapter are from the energy balance sheets over the years.
IV. Notes on Coverage and Compilation of Data
(1) The data on production of primary energy are the same as the corresponding data on output of energy products.
(2) The elasticity ratio of energy production is calculated as the quotient of the growth rate of energy production divided by the growth rate of GDP; and the elasticity ratio of energy consumption is calculated as the quotient of the growth rate of energy consumption divided by the growth rate of GDP.
(3) In the energy balance sheet, data on
imports and exports are from Customs statistics. The refueling by Chinese ships
and airplanes abroad is included in imports. The refueling by foreign ships and
(4) In the table on the efficiency of energy
conversion, the coefficient for the conversion of electric power into the
standard coal equivalent is calculated on the basis of the heat value
equivalent. One kilowatt is equal to
(5) Gross domestic product are calculated at constant prices.