II. The Yearbook contains twenty-four chapters : l. General Survey; 2.
National Accounts; 3. Population; 4. Employment and Wages; 5. Investment in
Fixed Assets; 6. Energy; 7. Government Finance; 8. Price Indices; 9. People’s
Living Conditions; 10. General Survey of Cities; 11. Resources and Environment; 12. Agriculture;
13. Industry; 14. Construction;
15. Transport, Postal and Telecommunication Services;
16. Domestic Trade; 17. Foreign
Trade and Economic Cooperation; 18. Tourism; 19.
Financial Intermediation; 20. Education,
Science and Technology; 21.Culture, Sports and Public Health; 22. Other Social Activities; 23. Main Social
and Economic Indicators of
III. The national data in this book do not include those of the Hong Kong
Special Administrative Region, the Macao Special Administrative Region and the
IV. In accordance with the principles set down in the Basic Law of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, and the Basic Law of Macao Special Administrative Region, statistically Hong Kong, Macao and the mainland of China are three mutually independent regions, each following its own and different statistical systems and legal provisions in conducting statistical operations independently. Statistics on the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and the Macao Special Administrative Region as included in this yearbook are provided by the Census and Statistics Department of the Government of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and the Statistics and Census Services of the Government of Macao Special Administrative Region respectively; and are edited by the National Bureau of Statistics.
V. In comparison with
1. Since the data of the Second National Economic Census are still under
review and accumulation, GDP data in the chapter of National Accounts are
preliminary GDP data; Data of the year
2. In the chapter of General Survey, data on divisions of administrative areas below county level.
3. In the chapter of Population, data on total population and its proportion grouped by age since 1996 are added.
4. In the chapter of Resources and Environment, data on two evaluation indicators of COD and SO2 by region are added.
5. In the chapter of Construction, data on Project Bidding Agencies, Personnel and Revenue are added.
6. In the chapter of Culture, Sports and Public Health, there are large revisions because of the change in statistical method and regulations for departmental statistics. The grouping of public television and pay-TV and the imports and exports of TV programs are added; and data on the cultural industry and the radio & TV industry by region, three levels of rural health service network, and urban community health service system building are also added.
7. In the chapter of Other Social Activities, the data on social organization and Grass Roots Autonomy Organizations are added.
VI. The units of measurement used in this yearbook are internationally standard measurement units.
VII. Statistical discrepancies on totals and relative figures due to rounding are not adjusted in the Yearbook.
VIII. Notations used in the yearbook：(blank space) indicates that the figure is not large enough to be measured with the smallest unit in the table, or data are unknown, or are not available; “#” indicates a major breakdown of the total; and “*”or “①”indicates footnotes at the end of the table.