(1) Construction projects of agriculture, forestry, water conservancy and aquatic products:
Reservoirs: large: the storage is more than 100 million cubic meters each (100 million cubic meters included and similarly hereinafter).
Irrigation projects: the irrigated area should be more than 500 thousand mou each.
Other water projects (rivers' harnessing included): the gross investment is more than RMB 20 millions Yuan each.
Fishery bases: fishery bases that could hold more than 50 fishing vessels each (50 included).
Aquatic products refrigeratories: aquatic products refrigeratories whose capacity of cold storage and ice-making is more than 5 kilotons each (or the cold storage is more than 10 kilotons).
Other construction projects for agriculture, forestry and aquatic products: the gross investment is more than 10 millions each.
(2) Trafficking and post & telecommunication construction:
Railways: newly-built arteries, laterals, Metros and great improvement works of former arteries and pivots whose gross investment is more than 15 millions each. Projects with local railway length above 100 kilometers and freight volume above 500 kilotons each.
Highways: newly-built or extended highways over 200 kilometers for national defense and frontier defense, trans-provincial arteries and independent road bridges over 1000 meters.
Ports: the newly-built and extended coastal harbors whose annual throughput is more than 1 million tons each; newly-built and extended inland ports whose annual throughput is more than 2 million tons each; shipyards whose gross investment is more than 30 millions Yuan each (with docks and slideways).
Post & telecommunication: trans-provincial long-distance communication cables over 500 kilometers; trans-provincial long-distance communication microwaves over 1000 kilometers or other post & telecommunication constructions whose gross investment is more than 10 millions Yuan each.
Civil aviation: newly-built or rebuild airports whose gross investment is more than 20 millions each.
(3) Warehouse constructions for the commerce, foreign trade, foodstuff and material assets: powder magazines with an building area more than 30 thousand square meters, foodstuff entrepots with a storage more than 75 million kilograms each, oil depots with a storage more than 50 kilosteres each and refrigeratories with a storage more than 10 kilotons. Constructions of other warehouses whose gross investment is more than 10 millions each.
(4) Culture and education, hygiene, metering and scientific research: newly-built institutions of higher learning with 3000 trainees above; newly-built hospitals and sanatoriums with 700 beds above or a gross investment that is more than 10 millions each; rediffusion stations whose gross investment is more than 10 millions each.
(5) Industrial cities and industrial & mining areas: newly-built or extended independent water works that could supply 110 kilotons of water daily; independent gasworks that could supply 300 kilosteres of gas daily ( LPG plants included) and other constructions whose gross investment is more than 10 millions each. The industrial projects of fore-mentioned sections are divided into large size, medium size and small size according to the division standard for industrial construction projects.
3. The following industrial or non-industrial construction projects don't act as large and medium sized projects despite of their scales.
(1) Scattered rivers' harnessing, state farms, forest plantation, grassland establishment£¬reinforcement of former reservoirs, heightening of large dams, enlarging of spillways and increasing of auxiliary projects for irrigated areas don't act as large or medium sized projects except they are designated by the state.
(2) Channel improving and dredging projects that are featured in sectional regularization, long period of construction and elastic annual arrangement.
(3) As to constructions of such public institutions as scientific research, culture and education, hygiene, broadcast, physical culture, publishing, metering, standard and design (homogeneous public institutions that are affiliated to industry, trafficking and other departments are included), the newly-built projects are divided according to the division standard and rebuilt or extended projects don't act as large and medium sized projects except they are designated by the state.
(4) Municipal network of drains, sewage disposal, roads, overpass bridges, flood control and environmental protection. General civilian constructions in cities, including constructions of housing colonies, office buildings and living buildings that are constructed in a systematic way or through raising funds.
(5) Restoration and building of places of interest, beauty spots and resorts.
(6) Independent rear base constructions of construction teams or geologic exploration units (agriculture and side-work base constructions for industrial and mining establishments are included).
(7) Tourism hotels, restaurants, trade buildings, museums, and scientific and educational halls built with foreign capital or domestic capital by adopting various forms.